21 April, 2007

What I've Been Knitting


First, there is The Thing. I spotted some of DH's socks that he was about to throw out, and of course I thought "knitted toy". I had hoped to make it into either a frog or a dinosaur, since it's green, but I think that the shape would be better as a monkey. A green monkey? They're very rare, you know, being found only in the wilds of my sewing room. My goal is to make a few knitted toys for the waiting room where I work. I'll have to ask my boss if this will be allowed, but I'd like to have a couple completed items to show her.
Here's a Knitted Boy, in progress. He's being knit completely in the round, which is how I'd prefer to knit everything! As for the pattern, I'm just making it up as I go along. :D

I'm also working on a top-down raglan with 2 strands Paton's Classic Wool, on 6mm needles. With a cast-on of 68 stitches, it's turning out to be about size 8. It will go to CIC.

No comments: