22 March, 2008

Brigid



Brigid is done! I really enjoyed this pattern, and plan to knit it again (sometime). I found that it knit up pretty quickly. This particular pair will be going to Mittens for Akkol. Our goal for Christmas 2008 is to send over approximately 630 pairs of wool socks. This will be enough for each child at the Akkol orphanage, and at a second orphanage (Urupinka) to receive a pair of socks.

Specs: Paton's Classic Wool in "Royal Purple", on 3mm DPNs.

OTN now: Viking Socks,
also on 3mm DPNs, and using Paton's Classic Wool.

4 comments:

Anne P said...

I love these! They are on my want-to-do list as well. They look wonderfully warm too. :)

Jules said...

Love the socks! Classy!

knitty_kat said...

nice!!

LaurieM said...

Hi, I just stopped by your blog through the London webring. I notice that you have a link to Dr. Dunc's website. I have a boy with Tourette's Syndrome so I'm quite familiar with Dr. Dunc.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi. It seems like we may have a lot in common.

Cheers,
Laurie