30 June, 2008

Now I've got No Excuse!

I thought that I could blog (ack! I hate it when nouns are used as verbs! I hate it even more when I'm the offending verbifier) more often once school was out for the summer, which happened June 25. Funny, I don't see a blog post dated June 26. I had Saturday and Sunday off work, yet still no blog post. I've just received a call from work to say that I have tonight off. Yay! So, (cue the fanfare) here's the overdue post:

I've made precious little progress on the "Pull Mystère". Partly, I've been putting it off in favour of quick, fun projects, and partly, there were Teacher Presents that were a higher priority.











These crocheted violets became another bookmark. The pattern for the violets is here. I had difficulty making nice-looking flower centres! VBG
There were several other bookmarks, but I seem not to have taken photos of them.

There have been a series of flowers since then.


These 2 turned out not as nicely as I had hoped.









My favourite flowers are pansies, so I've been looking for every possible pansy pattern. The 2 large pansies in the photo are from the book, "Floral Doilies", which is from 1949. Then I decided to try a pansy from an on-line pattern, which turned out to be the same pattern, word-for-word, as the pattern in "Floral Doilies"! I found that pretty humourous.














The flowers in the next photo are also from "Floral Doilies", minus the doily, of course! I'm not sure what I'm making out of them. I started out thinking that my DD might like them sewn on a T-shirt, say, at the neckline, but she declined. So, who knows!









This next flower was a custom colour combo for DD. When it was done, she said, "Could it have a yellow centre that covers that stuff in the middle?"

No comments: