28 September, 2009

Recent Knits

Last week, I sent off some knits to Warm Hands Innu Knits in Ottawa. This is a great charity that ships knitted items to Natuashish, on the north coast of Labrador. You can read more about them here. The need is huge for knits for kids aged 5-15, and also for baby items. I made up a few baby blankets, some made of fleece with blanket stitch around the border, and this one, made of flannelette on one side and cotton on the other:
Here's Anita's photo of one afghan I sent, which I prefer to the picture I took:

This was my photo, taken on my couch: This afghan was given to me by a co-worker, whose great-aunt had started it, but left off at 11.5" wide. I added some to make it wider.
This one was made from six 9" squares:

Warm Hands will be sending another shipment on 31 December 2009, so if you'd like to help out, their address is:
Warm Hands Innu Knits
240 First Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1S 2G6

No comments: