23 May, 2008

A Blast from the Past


While going through my son's outgrown clothes, we found this little dino sweater that I knit about 20 years ago. It was my first intarsia project, and the second sweater that I ever knit, in the early 1980's. I had purchased a kit containing the pattern and the acrylic yarn (for $10.00CDN), but I've since seen the dino pattern in a Paton's pattern book. I had originally intended to give this sweater to a friend, but didn't sew the pieces together until years later, when I had my son, in 1995. I didn't do the intarsia properly; instead, I carried the blue and green yarns across behind the white, with the result that they show through the white. I would knit it properly if I were doing it today, needless to say! LOL. I thought that I had better document this sweater before I give it away to someone. I have a co-worker with a boy of a suitable size, so I'll give it to her, if she wants it. :D

2 comments:

Jules said...

Awwwww it's SO sweet though!:)

knitty_kat said...

It's still cute!! What a great thing to find . .and see how you've improved since