04 August, 2008

Mon Pull Mystère

It's finished! What's even better is that my daughter likes it. Phew! The English translation for this top starts on page 11 of this PDF.

I do wish that I had made the waistband narrower, for a better proportion for DD; I used the Diamond Pattern,
from Knitting on the Net. Also, I should have knit a border on the waistband, which would have made the sewing together easier. If I were knitting this again, I would knit at least the ribbing part in-the-round. Modifications I made: I did very little decreasing for the 2 by 2 ribbing part; I knit the front and back pieces with 76 stitches each; and I knit the sleeves with a cast-on of 52 stitches (each), decreasing to 38 stitches. I like these cap sleeves so much that I'm knitting similar sleeves for the next summer top I'm making for DD, a top-down raglan.

2 comments:

knitty_kat said...

This looks great!!

Jules said...

Love it! Great job!!!:)